By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st accomplished connection with the anthropological examine of advanced organizations
- Details how organizational conception and learn in company has followed anthropology’s key thought of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic methods to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of establishment firms and of non-governmental companies operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics lined contain organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive versions and crew development, organizational dysfunctions, international networked agencies, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sector of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sector within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read Online or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
Among 1914 and 1918, German anthropologists carried out their paintings in the course of full-scale warfare. The self-discipline was once particularly new in German academia while international conflict I broke out, and, as Andrew D. Evans unearths during this illuminating publication, its improvement used to be profoundly altered via the clash. because the battle formed the institutional, ideological, and actual surroundings for anthropological paintings, the self-discipline grew to become its again on its liberal roots and have become a nationalist activity basically interested in clinical stories of race.
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2007 within the topic Cultural reports - Miscellaneous, grade: 1,3, college of Leipzig (Institut für Kulturwissenschaften), direction: Decolonization, language: English, summary: Edward acknowledged is likely one of the most valuable and criticised students of our instances. Being an exiled Palestian and American highbrow in a single individual triggered him to query a couple of mostly authorized, yet biased thoughts in regards to the global invented and developed via the politically more advantageous powers.
During this booklet Judith Okely demanding situations well known bills of Gypsies which recommend that they have been as soon as remoted groups, having fun with an independent tradition and financial system now principally eroded by way of the approaches of industrialisation and western capitalism. Dr Okely attracts on her personal large fieldwork and on modern files.
In precept the complex, market-driven global within which we now stay is fuelled by means of wisdom, info and transparency, yet in perform the approaches that produce this global systematically corrupt and denigrate wisdom: this is often the robust and provocative argument complicated through Colin Crouch in his most modern exploration of societies at the street to post-democracy.
- New Horizons in Medical Anthropology: Essays in Honour of Charles Leslie (Theory and Practice in Medical Anthropology and Internationa)
- Friends Disappear: The Battle for Racial Equality in Evanston (Chicago Visions and Revisions)
- The Sources of Social Power: 4
- Anthropology: A Continental Perspective
- Entrepreneurship: Theorie, Empirie, Politik (German Edition)
- The Search for Mabila: The Decisive Battle between Hernando de Soto and Chief Tascalusa
Additional info for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan