By Daniel W. Brown
- Traces the improvement of Muslim ideals and practices opposed to the history of social and cultural contexts extending from North Africa to South and Southeast Asia
- Fully revised for the second one version, with thoroughly new establishing and shutting chapters contemplating key matters dealing with Islam within the twenty first century
- Focuses better realization on daily practices, the position of girls in Muslim societies, and provides extra fabric on Islam in America
- Includes designated chronologies, tables summarizing key details, important maps and diagrams, and plenty of extra illustrations
Read or Download A New Introduction to Islam PDF
Similar islam books
Thought of the main authoritative single-volume reference paintings on Islam within the modern international, the German-language Der Islam in der Gegenwart, at the moment in its 5th variation, deals a wealth of authoritative details at the non secular, political, social, and cultural lifetime of Islamic international locations and of Islamic immigrant groups in different places.
Many give some thought to Mastery via Accomplishment to be the main useful starting point operating with the lessons of Inayat Khan. Accomplishment in worldly affairs isn't seen as a predicament at the religious direction, yet is noticeable because the technique of constructing the facility to accomplish what one needs, and finally to accomplish the aim of one's existence
This can be a research of chinese language Hui Muslim women's ancient and unrelenting non secular, academic, political and gendered force for an institutional presence in Islamic worship and management: 'a mosque of one's personal' as a distinct characteristic of chinese language Muslim tradition. The authors position the old starting place of women's segregated spiritual associations within the chinese language Islamic diaspora's struggle for survival, and of their an important contribution to the reason for ethnic/religious minority id and unity.
The Druze, a much-misunderstood Muslim sect basically inhabiting the Levant, have persisted centuries of persecution by means of orthodox components adverse to Islam's wealthy sectarian variety because of their esoteric divergence from mainstream Islam. hence, they've got develop into a 'fighting minority', as defined via one in every of their such a lot illustrious leaders.
- Turkish Metal: Music, Meaning, and Morality in a Muslim Society (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
- Body in Islam – A Source of Sin and Shame?: Ein Appell für die Befreiung des Körpers von Sünde und Schamhaftigkeit im Islam (German Edition)
- Islam and Secular Citizenship in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, and France (Religion and Global Migrations)
- Islam in the Era of Globalization: Muslim Attitudes towards Modernity and Identity (RoutledgeCurzon Studies in Asian Religions)
- MUSLIM: What You Need to Know About the World’s Fastest Growing Religion
- Ostafrikanisch-islamische Magiekonzeptionen unter Berücksichtigung indigener Traditionen (German Edition)
Additional info for A New Introduction to Islam
A New Introduction to Islam by Daniel W. Brown