By Andrew H. Wallace
Exercises shape a vital part of the textual content; they contain theorems which are as worthwhile as a few of these whose proofs are given in complete. writer Andrew H. Wallace, Professor Emeritus on the college of Pennsylvania, concludes the textual content with a advisor to extra reading.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Algebraic Topology (Dover Books on Mathematics) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
The Geometry of specified Relativity offers an creation to big relativity that encourages readers to determine past the formulation to the deeper geometric constitution. The textual content treats the geometry of hyperbolas because the key to knowing designated relativity. This method replaces the ever-present γ image of most traditional remedies with the correct hyperbolic trigonometric capabilities.
Central topics lined comprise curves, surfaces, geodesics, intrinsic geometry, and the Alexandrov worldwide attitude comparision theoremMany nontrivial and unique difficulties (some with tricks and solutions)Standard theoretical fabric is mixed with tougher theorems and intricate difficulties, whereas protecting a transparent contrast among the 2 degrees
It is a revised version of the ? rst printing which seemed in 2002. The booklet is predicated on lectures on the college of Bergen, Norway. through the years those lectures have lined many alternative facets and points of the glorious ? eld of geometry. for that reason it hasn't ever been attainable to offer a whole and ?
Der Leitfaden Geometrie führt Lehramtsstudierende in zentrale Teilgebiete der Geometrie ein. Durchgängige Orientierung an Erkenntnissen der Lernpsychologie und Textproduktion, beispielorientiertes Entdecken mathematischer Sätze und Beweise, Motivation durch interessante Quereinstiege und vielfältige Bezüge zu Alltagsfragestellungen kennzeichnen die Konzeption des Leitfadens Geometrie.
- The Universe of Conics: From the ancient Greeks to 21st century developments
- Classification Theory of Polarized Varieties (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Arithmetically Cohen-Macaulay Sets of Points in P^1 x P^1 (SpringerBriefs in Mathematics)
- Random Walks and Geometry: Proceedings of a Workshop at the Erwin Schrödinger Institute, Vienna, June 18 - July 13, 2001 (De Gruyter Proceedings in Mathematics)
- Projective Geometry and Projective Metrics (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Foliation Theory in Algebraic Geometry (Simons Symposia)
Additional info for An Introduction to Algebraic Topology (Dover Books on Mathematics)
An Introduction to Algebraic Topology (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Andrew H. Wallace