By Aminah Beverly McCloud,Scott W. Hibbard,Laith Saud
This enticing creation to Islam examines its lived fact, its world wide presence, and the range of ideals and practices encompassed via the faith. the worldwide standpoint uniquely captures the variety of Islam expressed all through varied international locations within the current day.
- A accomplished, multi-disciplinary, and worldwide creation to Islam, protecting its heritage in addition to present concerns, reviews, and challenges
- Incorporates key new examine on Muslims from quite a few nations throughout Europe, Latin the United States, Indonesia, and Malaysia crucial Asia
- Directly addresses arguable concerns, together with political violence and ‘terrorism’, anti-western sentiments, and Islamophobia
- Explores assorted responses from quite a few Islamic groups to globalizing trends
- Highlights key styles inside of Islamic heritage that shed gentle upon the origins and evolution of present hobbies and thought
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century PDF
Similar islam books
Thought of the main authoritative single-volume reference paintings on Islam within the modern international, the German-language Der Islam in der Gegenwart, at present in its 5th variation, deals a wealth of authoritative info at the spiritual, political, social, and cultural lifetime of Islamic international locations and of Islamic immigrant groups in other places.
Many think about Mastery via Accomplishment to be the main useful start line operating with the lessons of Inayat Khan. Accomplishment in worldly affairs isn't considered as a trouble at the non secular course, yet is obvious because the technique of constructing the power to accomplish what one needs, and eventually to accomplish the aim of one's existence
It is a examine of chinese language Hui Muslim women's ancient and unrelenting non secular, academic, political and gendered force for an institutional presence in Islamic worship and management: 'a mosque of one's personal' as a different function of chinese language Muslim tradition. The authors position the historic starting place of women's segregated non secular associations within the chinese language Islamic diaspora's struggle for survival, and of their an important contribution to the reason for ethnic/religious minority id and harmony.
The Druze, a much-misunderstood Muslim sect basically inhabiting the Levant, have persevered centuries of persecution through orthodox components adverse to Islam's wealthy sectarian variety as a result of their esoteric divergence from mainstream Islam. accordingly, they've got develop into a 'fighting minority', as defined via certainly one of their so much illustrious leaders.
- The Fear of Islam: An Introduction to Islamophobia in the West
- The Generalship of Muhammad: Battles and Campaigns of the Prophet of Allah
- Understanding Muslim Chaplaincy (AHRC/ESRC Religion and Society Series)
- Contes derviches (French Edition)
- Le Langage des oiseaux (Spiritualités vivantes) (French Edition)
Additional resources for An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century
An Introduction to Islam in the 21st Century by Aminah Beverly McCloud,Scott W. Hibbard,Laith Saud