By Kai-Wen Lan
By learning the degeneration of abelian types with PEL constructions, this ebook explains the compactifications of tender quintessential versions of all PEL-type Shimura kinds, delivering the logical origin for a number of interesting contemporary advancements. The e-book is designed to be obtainable to graduate scholars who've an realizing of schemes and abelian varieties.
PEL-type Shimura forms, that are average generalizations of modular curves, are worthwhile for learning the mathematics homes of automorphic varieties and automorphic representations, they usually have performed very important roles within the improvement of the Langlands application. As with modular curves, it's fascinating to have indispensable types of compactifications of PEL-type Shimura types that may be defined in enough aspect close to the boundary. This booklet explains intimately the subsequent themes approximately PEL-type Shimura forms and their compactifications:
- A development of tender necessary types of PEL-type Shimura forms by means of defining and representing moduli difficulties of abelian schemes with PEL constructions
- An research of the degeneration of abelian forms with PEL buildings into semiabelian schemes, over noetherian basic whole adic base earrings
- A building of toroidal and minimum compactifications of tender essential types of PEL-type Shimura types, with unique descriptions in their constitution close to the boundary
Through those themes, the e-book generalizes the idea of degenerations of polarized abelian kinds and the appliance of that conception to the development of toroidal and minimum compactifications of Siegel moduli schemes over the integers (as built by means of Mumford, Faltings, and Chai).
Read or Download Arithmetic Compactifications of PEL-Type Shimura Varieties (London Mathematical Society Monographs) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
The Geometry of precise Relativity presents an creation to important relativity that encourages readers to work out past the formulation to the deeper geometric constitution. The textual content treats the geometry of hyperbolas because the key to realizing precise relativity. This procedure replaces the ever-present γ image of most traditional remedies with the suitable hyperbolic trigonometric capabilities.
Central topics coated comprise curves, surfaces, geodesics, intrinsic geometry, and the Alexandrov international perspective comparision theoremMany nontrivial and unique difficulties (some with tricks and solutions)Standard theoretical fabric is mixed with more challenging theorems and complicated difficulties, whereas retaining a transparent contrast among the 2 degrees
This can be a revised version of the ? rst printing which seemed in 2002. The booklet is predicated on lectures on the collage of Bergen, Norway. through the years those lectures have lined many various features and points of the glorious ? eld of geometry. accordingly it hasn't ever been attainable to provide a whole and ?
Der Leitfaden Geometrie führt Lehramtsstudierende in zentrale Teilgebiete der Geometrie ein. Durchgängige Orientierung an Erkenntnissen der Lernpsychologie und Textproduktion, beispielorientiertes Entdecken mathematischer Sätze und Beweise, Motivation durch interessante Quereinstiege und vielfältige Bezüge zu Alltagsfragestellungen kennzeichnen die Konzeption des Leitfadens Geometrie.
- Elementary Differential Geometry
- Complex and Differential Geometry: Conference held at Leibniz Universität Hannover, September 14 – 18, 2009 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics)
- Linear Algebra and Projective Geometry (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Poisson Geometry, Deformation Quantisation and Group Representations (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
Extra resources for Arithmetic Compactifications of PEL-Type Shimura Varieties (London Mathematical Society Monographs)
Arithmetic Compactifications of PEL-Type Shimura Varieties (London Mathematical Society Monographs) by Kai-Wen Lan