By Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone
A source perfect for college students in addition to basic readers, this two-volume encyclopedia examines the variety of the Asian American and Pacific Islander non secular experience.
• Covers either universal motifs in Asian American spiritual tradition, comparable to chinese language New yr fairs and mortuary rituals, in addition to many newly confirmed religion traditions
• includes entries on hardly addressed subject matters inside of Asian American faith, resembling Hezhen Shamanism
Read or Download Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] PDF
Similar religious studies books
What have been the old and cultural procedures in which Cyril of Alexandria was once increased to canonical prestige whereas his opponent, Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, was once made right into a heretic? not like prior scholarship, Susan Wessel concludes that Cyril's good fortune in being increased to orthodox prestige used to be now not easily a political accomplishment in response to political alliances he had formed as chance arose.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Soziologie - faith, be aware: 2,0, collage of Sheffield, fifty six Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Während ich an dieser Arbeit sitze, stolpere ich bei der Recherche zu diesem Thema zufällig über das„fliegende Spaghettimonster“ eine im Juni 2005 in Amerika gegründete Kirche.
First released in 1902, this e-book investigates the historical past and improvement of early faith from an anthropological point of view. instead of facing religions that grew from the lessons in their unique founders, akin to Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism, Jevons considers these religions that have been practised as an issue of customized and culture.
Martin Luther and Buddhism: Aesthetics of pain conscientiously strains the historic and theological context of Luther's leap forward when it comes to articulating justification and justice in connection to the notice of God and divine ache. Chung significantly and constructively engages in discussion with Luther and with later interpreters of Luther similar to Barth and Moltmann, putting the Reformer in discussion not just with Asian spirituality and religions but additionally with rising worldwide theology of religions.
- The Right of the Protestant Left: God's Totalitarianism
- Einführung in das Kultur- und Kunstmanagement (German Edition)
- The Good War That Wasn’t—and Why It Matters: World War II’s Moral Legacy
- Erasmi Opera Omnia, V-6: Christiani Matrimonii Institutio, Vidua Christiana
Extra info for Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes]
Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] by Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone