By Fred Van Dyke
The first accomplished survey of Christian environmental ethics and activism deals a Christian knowing of environmental conservation, safety, and stewardship that speaks on to ongoing environmental issues.
• Case histories of particular faith-based firms doing conservation paintings
• an in depth bibliography of theological, moral, ancient, biographical, clinical, and well known resources that handle the position of Christians and the Christian church within the care of creation
Read or Download Between Heaven and Earth: Christian Perspectives on Environmental Protection PDF
Similar religious studies books
What have been the old and cultural methods during which Cyril of Alexandria was once increased to canonical prestige whereas his opponent, Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, used to be made right into a heretic? not like prior scholarship, Susan Wessel concludes that Cyril's luck in being increased to orthodox prestige used to be no longer easily a political accomplishment in accordance with political alliances he had shaped as chance arose.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Soziologie - faith, notice: 2,0, college of Sheffield, fifty six Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Während ich an dieser Arbeit sitze, stolpere ich bei der Recherche zu diesem Thema zufällig über das„fliegende Spaghettimonster“ eine im Juni 2005 in Amerika gegründete Kirche.
First released in 1902, this booklet investigates the heritage and improvement of early faith from an anthropological point of view. instead of facing religions that grew from the lessons in their unique founders, equivalent to Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism, Jevons considers these religions that have been practised as a question of customized and culture.
Martin Luther and Buddhism: Aesthetics of soreness rigorously lines the old and theological context of Luther's leap forward by way of articulating justification and justice in connection to the observe of God and divine anguish. Chung seriously and constructively engages in discussion with Luther and with later interpreters of Luther equivalent to Barth and Moltmann, putting the Reformer in discussion not just with Asian spirituality and religions but additionally with rising international theology of religions.
- RELIGION IN WORLD AFFAIRS: AMERICA AND THE WORLD CRISES
- Exploring the Spirituality of the World Religions: The Quest for Personal, Spiritual and Social Transformation
- A Pedagogy of Faith: The Theological Vision of Paulo Freire
- Virtue: An Introduction to Theory and Practice (Cascade Companions Book 29)
Additional info for Between Heaven and Earth: Christian Perspectives on Environmental Protection
Between Heaven and Earth: Christian Perspectives on Environmental Protection by Fred Van Dyke