By Barrett O'Neill
Written essentially for college kids who've accomplished the traditional first classes in calculus and linear algebra, Elementary Differential Geometry, Revised second Edition, offers an advent to the geometry of curves and surfaces.
The moment variation maintained the accessibility of the 1st, whereas supplying an creation to using desktops and increasing dialogue on sure subject matters. additional emphasis was once put on topological houses, homes of geodesics, singularities of vector fields, and the theorems of Bonnet and Hadamard.
This revision of the second one version offers a radical replace of instructions for the symbolic computation courses Mathematica or Maple, in addition to extra computing device workouts. As with the second one variation, this fabric vitamins the content material yet no laptop ability is important to take complete benefit of this entire text.
- Over 36,000 copies bought worldwide
- Accessible, sensible but rigorous method of a fancy topic--also appropriate for self-study
- Extensive replace of appendices on Mathematica and Maple software program packages
- Thorough streamlining of moment edition's numbering system
- Fuller details on strategies to odd-numbered problems
- Additional workouts and tricks consultant scholars in utilizing the most recent laptop modeling tools
Read Online or Download Elementary Differential Geometry, Revised 2nd Edition PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
The Geometry of specific Relativity presents an creation to important relativity that encourages readers to work out past the formulation to the deeper geometric constitution. The textual content treats the geometry of hyperbolas because the key to figuring out distinct relativity. This process replaces the ever present γ image of most traditional remedies with the suitable hyperbolic trigonometric services.
Central topics lined comprise curves, surfaces, geodesics, intrinsic geometry, and the Alexandrov worldwide perspective comparision theoremMany nontrivial and unique difficulties (some with tricks and solutions)Standard theoretical fabric is mixed with more challenging theorems and intricate difficulties, whereas protecting a transparent contrast among the 2 degrees
It is a revised version of the ? rst printing which seemed in 2002. The booklet is predicated on lectures on the collage of Bergen, Norway. through the years those lectures have lined many various facets and points of the glorious ? eld of geometry. hence it hasn't ever been attainable to offer an entire and ?
Der Leitfaden Geometrie führt Lehramtsstudierende in zentrale Teilgebiete der Geometrie ein. Durchgängige Orientierung an Erkenntnissen der Lernpsychologie und Textproduktion, beispielorientiertes Entdecken mathematischer Sätze und Beweise, Motivation durch interessante Quereinstiege und vielfältige Bezüge zu Alltagsfragestellungen kennzeichnen die Konzeption des Leitfadens Geometrie.
- Mathematizing Space: The Objects of Geometry from Antiquity to the Early Modern Age (Trends in the History of Science)
- Algebra (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- The Nature and Power of Mathematics (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- The Geometry of Geodesics (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Smooth Four-Manifolds and Complex Surfaces (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics)
- Mathematical Methods in Computer Aided Geometric Design: v. 1
Extra info for Elementary Differential Geometry, Revised 2nd Edition
Elementary Differential Geometry, Revised 2nd Edition by Barrett O'Neill